Friday, January 23, 2015

DAY 24- The Double Decker Couch (LEGO Movie)

January 24th, 2015. Day 24 of 365.

Build Week: Day 3 of 6


Subline: The LEGO Movie
Price: $14.99
Parts Count: 197
Price Per Piece: Around 8 cents

The ONLY set that could possibly be a better insane value for anyone right now interested in LEGO than the Mixels toyline is easily the long-awaited official release of The Double Decker Couch from 2014's The Lego Movie. For five minifigures (More on that in a bit), the Double Decker Couch itself and a second build in the form of Emmet's car from the beginning of the movie (that I accidentally left out of the photos. That's about right) the price of the set made me do a double-take in the store and I legitimately thought it was an error when I first saw the price online a month or two ago.

Aside from the namesake of the set itself, this package includes five minifigs: Andy Dwyer, God, Ron Burgandy, Annie Edison, and Charlie Kelly Emmet, President Business, Ghost Vitruviuviriruvious, Sitting Unikitty and- my personal favorite- Benny.

"You know what? Let me kick down a little thing to you that our Founding Fathers kicked down to me. It goes, "Don't. Tread. On me," and right now, you guys are TREADING ALL OVER ME. "
The sheer value of the set is something that shouldn't be ignored for anyone who loves The Lego Movie (SO I GUESS THE ACADEMY AWARDS NOMINATION COMMITTEE ISN'T INTO THIS SET DO HO HO TOPICAL) or is simply on a budget and wants a fun set for the right amount of cash. Highly recommended.

Day 24 Completed. 341 Days Remain.

Build Week: Day 3 Complete. 3 Days Remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment